September 2, 2015

Classroom Tour 2015



Excited to give an updated tour of my classroom for the 2015/2016 school year. So here we go :)

From the door looking in:


First stop in the room is my teacher desk. I love my little mailbox that I made for the side of my desk. The kids just know to put any money, notes, etc. in the mailbox when they come in every morning.


My bulletin board keeps all of my important info., birthdays, schedules, and pictures of my LOVIES.


I love the little storage shelf that my husband made for me this summer. It fits perfectly under my desk. I store my teacher binders, workbooks that I copy from frequently, and books I use for special lessons underneath my desk.


Here is a closer look…


This is next to my desk. The hanging files is where I organize my copies that I copy weekly for newsletters and such, my parent contact logs, RTI data folders, and my Sub folder. I need to get a curtain up to hide the stuff under the table (maybe one day).


Front of my room. I LOVE my new alphabet chart that I made!!! You can find it in my TPT store :)


Another little storage shelf for my group caddies and more supplies that we use on a regular basis.


Most of my math manipulatives can be found on this shelf, plus my "cubbies" for tests, my "Going Home Basket", lunch basket, and "Shout Outs".


My bookshelf behind my desk.


My teacher toolbox and that ADORE!!!!! This has definitely been a great purchase.


This is where I keep my weekly copies for each subject. I have the copies in order so I know to grab the first one on top.


This is the back of my classroom. The cubbies are used to store math boxes, copy paper, and books. On top I have my crates that are full of resources and centers that I use in each subject area. I also have chart paper, magazines, and clickers at the top.



Here is where I keep all my small group centers for math, which are organized by skill. I keep my centers in gallon sized ziploc bags, with all materials and a direction sheet inside.


Here is the back of my room where my sink is (that we do not use AT ALL!!!). I still have some supplies to put up, so excuse the mess.


On the cabinets, I have these adorable posters that I got from Amy Lemons over at Step Into 2nd Grade, FOR FREE!!!! They are soooo stinkin' cute. They will be used for tracking AR points throughout the year and as an incentive for taking tests.


Here is where I post my standards… it's blah… maybe I will make it look better sometime this year :)


This is my behavior chart (can't remember where I found it, but it was also free) and then the Daily 5 chart from Mel D. at Seusstastic. She has some AMAZING Daily 5 resources.


Here is my reading area. The books that are too big for the tubs are out and just on the bookshelf.


This is where I took two filing cabinets, put them back to back, and made a big magnetic board. I put fabric over the top and did my scrunchy bulletin board paper border with hot glue. I have my BOGGLE Board and my 100 Points Club for Class Dojo posted on this board rich now. I am thinking I will add something else later, but haven't figured that out yet.



Here is my class jobs chart. I purchased the adorable chart from Allyson Sutton on TPT. This is one of my favorite things in my classroom.


Here is my listening center and Phonics board. We meet hear every day to do phonics, read alouds, and the students do listening center here as well.



Here are all of my Daily 5 supplies and other supplies that we use on a regular basis.


I hope you enjoyed my classroom tour!!! Please leave comments or questions! I will be doing several blog posts about what I do in different corners of my classroom. Can't wait to see all the tours!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 photo about me _zps5a2jcevj.jpg