April 5, 2012

Fairy Tale Unit

So here is my post on our Fairy Tale Unit:
I have been waiting to post about this, because this is probably the most fun unit we’ve done all year and the kids have enjoyed ever single minute of it.
We started off our unit with Abby’s Wizard of Oz activities, which is AWESOME!!!!
I can’t really go into detail about the unit because it’s Abby’s stuff, but let me just say, my kids had SOOO MUCH FUN with this stuff! Abby is definitely a genius!
We introduced fairy tales, read the Wizard of Oz, had a viewing party, then did tons of crafts from her unit.
SAM_2170
SAM_2193
We did this little snazzy snack to conclude the Wizard of Oz.
Beautiful rainbow cupcakes!
Next, we used my Fairy Tale unit to do tons of activities as well, which included Cinderella, Goldilocks and the Three Bears, Rapunzel, and tons of other books that we read.
Slide1
SAM_2192
Here is our castle in the hallway with all of our hard work on them!
SAM_2194
To end our study we took a little Fairy Tale test and had a Fairy Tale Ball! The kids got to come dressed as a King, Queen, Prince, Princess, or a Knight. The parents were all invited. We had the ball in the gym, since it was the biggest room in the school, and all 7 of our 2nd grade classes were in there together. We partnered them up and they walked in together between a row of balloons. It was SO. STINKIN. CUTE! The kids danced for a little while, then we had them get with their partners and did the waltz for the parents (we practiced this for a few days before the ball). Some parents were in tears, the kids were so precious.
SAM_2239
SAM_2240
SAM_2241
Fairy Tale Ball 2012 003
Fairy Tale Ball 2012 006
Fairy Tale Ball 2012 002
Fairy Tale Ball 2012 022SAM_2242After the waltz, the kids got to dance their booties off and go around to the different stations to have their pictures taken. Our art teacher and some of the older students did all of our displays for pictures and they turned out AMAZING!
SAM_2256
SAM_2259
SAM_2262
Fairy Tale Ball 2012 113
this last one is actually me and my friend Becki that I teach with :)
I have to say that our FAIRY TALE UNIT was a SUCCESS!!!!

Friday’s Fun Finds will be all about Fairy Tales :)

Hope you can get some great ideas from this post and let me know if you have any wonderful ideas that I can add in next year!

3 comments:

  1. I love all your photos on this one. So terrific!

    I just gave you the Lovely Blog Award! Stop by when you get a chance and check it out!

    http://luckeyfrogslilypad.blogspot.com/2012/04/lovely-blog-award.html

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

 photo about me _zps5a2jcevj.jpg