December 11, 2012

SCOOTPAD

Have you all heard of SCOOTPAD?

It is AMAZING!!!! I was just introduced to this WONDERFUL website and my students absolutely LOVE it!

If you haven't heard of it, I'll tell you a little about it.

First of all it's a website where students can practice every single standard in math and reading on the computer. They can practice at school and at home. And the BEST part is that the website is ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!! There is even an app for it if you have an ipad.

I got my students excited about it by telling them it was kinda like "FACEBOOK" for kids.  The kids were giving me all kinds of "oohs" and "ahhs" when I told them that.

How to start:
Go to scootpad.com and create a free account. Then you can add a class and add students. You can even make up your own usernames for your students (which I just used their AR usernames so they would have one less login to have to remember). Next, your students can just log in and start working through the units and earning coins for rewards that YOU make for them.

After your kids have logged on and done some of the units, you will be able to view reports. My students are competing against each other to have the most points at the end of the week. They can play at school and at home. I absolutely LOVE this because they are working to earn coins, but learning at the same time.

This is a screen shot of our class "wall" where students can write comments. (Aren't these comments funny?)

Here is a screen shot of our rewards in our classroom. My students are working hard for these!

And here is a screen shot showing all of the different topics that are covered in math (they have this for reading too). You can also choose to add topics from different grade levels for remediation or enrichment as well.
You should definitely check this website out!!!! My kids get on Scootpad for one of our math groups and one of our reading groups. I just had to share because it's probably my new favorite website to use in the classroom.

Hope you're all having a wonderful week!

Amy



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 photo about me _zps5a2jcevj.jpg