December 19, 2011

Christmas Christmas Christmas!

It’s OFFICIALLY Christmas Break!!! You can’t tell I’m soooo excited can you?? I get to spend 2 full weeks with my little man:

Here are some fun pictures from our last week before Christmas break in my classroom.
The first day was Santa Day and we read “Santa’s Stuck” then made our Santa’s Stuck stories:

The funniest one was one of my little girl’s who wrote:
“Santa got stuck in the chimney because he ate way too many cookies this year.  The reindeer tried and tried to pull him out but he was just stuck. Finally Santa said this is ho ho horrible.  Finally Santa sneezed and he popped out of the chimney.  Now Santa can take all of the presents and Christmas is saved.”

Tuesday we had our Elf Day.  We read “How Santa Got His Job” and we applied for a job as an elf.




On Wednesday we had Grinch Day. We read “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” and wrote how we would make a Grinch Grin.

On Thursday we had our Christmas Party.  We ate pizza and chips.  Then we did crafts in groups with the help of their WONDERFUL parents! In my previous post I had a whole different plan for our party and the groups that we were going to have… but after searching on my ADDICTION (AKA Pinterest) I just found too many great crafts that I wanted to do! So we had some great groups!

Group 1: We made snow globes for our parents as Christmas Gifts. The kids just picked out their ornament, we hot glued them to the jar top, then put water and glitter in the jars.  I actually let them put their own water and glitter in so some ended up with WAY too much glitter! But they were still cute!


 Group 2: We made reindeer faces with a red glitter nose on the kiddos’ pictures.  We did this last year, but we haven’t had a chance this year so far, so I thought it would be a fun activity for them.

Group 3: We did the Snow Globe craft and writing “If I lived in a snow globe”.  We used spray glitter and it turned out really cute!

Group 4: We made Christmas Cards for the kids in the Children’s hospital.  I found this picture on pinterest and used it as inspiration for the kids.  We cut a whole bunch of wrapping paper and let them go at it.  They had the sweetest little messages in them.  I plan on delivering the cards sometime next week.




 Friday was Polar Express Day and we got to come in our pajamas.  We had surprise package to the office for our class that morning and it was full of bells for my class and a note from Santa.  They were even still cold from the North Pole!!!! (FREEZER-if you want to do it with your class next year) It was so cute because they were sooo amazed that the bells and even the box were still cold from the North Pole.





We had a lot of fun this week, but the break is MUCH NEEDED!!!

I made these cute little reindeer for the lunch ladies and some of the office staff from the 2nd grade teachers.  I got this cute idea to make the Hershey's Reindeer from Pinterest OF COURSE! They all loved them! I also made a tag that said "Thank you for being such a "DEER" to us".



I just uploaded my New Year’s Mini Unit on TPT and TN if you want to check it out!!! Check back this week for a GIVEAWAY!!!

Have a great Christmas Break!!!

This is what happens when a student gets ahold of your camera:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 photo about me _zps5a2jcevj.jpg