May 24, 2012

Where the Wild Things Are

Last week we did our “Where the Wild Things Are Unit”.
We started out the week by having the kids get curious with a little sign hanging outside more door that said “Let the Rumpus Begin!”
They were all soooo curious what would be going on.
I showed the kids the book and read it aloud. We went over the vocabulary for the week. Then we did all of our fun activities. Here are some pictures from our week:

Starting off the week with our Max hats

Matching contractions

“Wild Sentences”

Working with vocabulary words
King or Queen of the wild things craftivity
Our wild things



“Wild Things Snack”

We had so much fun creating Rumpus of one kind or another!!!

You can find all of the fun activities along with lesson plans at my Tpt Store and TN store!
Have a wonderful evening!
Love,
Amy


2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog & I am a new follower!! I love your Where the Wild Things Are ideas. I look forward to reading more from you!

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Can't believe I haven't found your blog before now!! I also teach 2nd grade in a small town in Georgia. I am now following your blog!

    Teresa

    2nd Grade Pig Pen

    ReplyDelete

 photo about me _zps5a2jcevj.jpg